From OoT Randomizer Wiki
- 1 v5.2
- 2 v5.1
- 3 v5.0
- 4 v4.0
- 5 v3.0
- Triforce Hunt
- Collect some number of Triforce Pieces to beat the game instead of beating Ganon.
- Multiworld Triforce counts are collective, so once the total is reached across all players everyone wins.
- If enabled via randomizing main rules, the count is always 20.
- Separate Double Defense model
- Now appears as a color-shifted version of the Heart Container, with a transparent interior and prominent gold border.
- Visual Stone of Agony indicator
- When the player has the Stone of Agony, it will appear on-screen above the rupee count when the player is near a hidden grotto.
- The icon vibrates based on proximity to the grotto entrance, similar to the rumble pak.
- A real rumble pak is not required.
- Starting Inventory
- A new tab in the GUI allows setting initial inventory, without having to create a Plandomizer file.
- Items are divided into sections in the GUI based on category.
- Trade quest items, Gerudo Membership Card, Scarecrow Song not included.
- To start with the Gerudo Membership Card, set
Open Fortressand disable
Shuffle Gerudo Card(‘Main Rules’ tab).
- To start with the Scarecrow Song, enable
Free Scarecrow's Song(‘Other’ tab).
- To start with the Gerudo Membership Card, set
- Open Zora Fountain now has an open only adult option.
- Added a new setting
Ice Trap Appearanceto select whether ice traps appear as major items (the default), junk items, or anything. This appearance can affect chest size with
Chest Size Matches Contentsenabled.
- Removed settings
Start with Fast Travel,
Start with Tycoon's Wallet,
Start with Deku Equipment.
- These have been replaced with settings in the “Starting Inventory” tab.
- New settings
Start with Consumables(enable to start with max Sticks, Nuts, and ammo),
Starting Hearts(changes starting max health).
- New list settings
Starting Equipment(swords, shields, strength, etc.),
- Logic now requires Stone of Agony to access any hidden grotto.
- A new trick
Hidden Grottos without Stone of Agonywill bypass this.
- Stone of Agony is now only considered a useless item (for barren areas) when this trick is on and Gossip Stones do not use it.
- A new trick
- Added a new trick
Goron City Spinning Pot PoH with Strength, which allows stopping the Spinning Pot using a bomb flower.
- Hell Mode preset includes both the above tricks.
- Tricks enabled/disabled in a Plandomizer file now take precedence over Tricks in ‘Detailed Logic’, even if the Plandomizer file has an empty list.
- An empty list means the seed will be beatable without any tricks.
- If there’s no
allowed_tricksitem in the file, the Detailed Logic tricks apply instead.
- If there is an
allowed_trickslist in the file, it will not be possible to disable any of the enabled tricks (or enabling more) without editing the file.
- Cosmetic heart color setting now applies in the file select screen.
- Cosmetic tunic color setting now applies to the icons in the pause menu.
- Non-Always Location hints cannot be placed for an area that already has a Foolish hint.
- If the location hint is placed first, then it can still appear in a foolish hinted area, however in Tournament hint distribution the Foolish hints are placed first so that cannot happen.
- The location containing Light Arrows will be considered a hinted location if Ganondorf’s hint can be reached without them.
- Ganondorf no longer hints at his Boss Key chest contents, except when Light Arrows don’t exist (only possible in Triforce Hunt).
- Improved Entrance Randomizer hints.
- Updated Compressor. The GUI progress bar is now granular. If for some reason, the rom won’t fit into 32MB, then the compressor will increase the output size.
- Revised some settings tooltips.
- Refactored Logic once again. It now uses helper json rules and rules can reference other rules.
- Disabled settings don’t show up in the spoiler.
- Plando will now accept JSON lists for
itemin the location dictionary to randomly choose between for placement.
- Attempts to not exceed item pool values until all the pool counts for the items in the list are reached.
- Plando locations are matched without regard to case.
- “Start with” settings are now handled by the Plando library.
- Further seed generation speed improvements.
- The main search algorithm was renamed Search (from Playthrough) to avoid confusion with the spoiler playthrough.
- General code cleanup and typo fixes.
- Added more Plando unittests.
- Minor stability fix in Plando.
- Spoilers for plando’d seeds now correctly show the tricks enabled for the seed.
- Plando no longer occasionally attempts to place an item on a location where it’s not allowed.
- Plando starting items and items set in specific locations now count toward the pool allocation. (Starting items are replaced with junk.)
- Plando now refuses to place more than the maximum amount of bottles, adult trade items, shop items, or total non-junk items.
- Plando no longer places Ice Traps as Junk if
Ice Trapsis set to ‘off’.
- Other various Plando bug fixes.
- Starting items for adult that auto-equip should do so correctly now. (Non-Kokiri Tunics won’t autoequip at the moment.)
- Fixed two chests in MQ Shadow Temple that had swapped names in plando and spoilers.
- Removed (unnecessarily) duplicated/overlapping hints.
- Hints that should come in multiples (duplicates) no longer come in singletons in certain corner cases.
- Randomizing main rules now works correctly.
- Removed a misleading random “trials” value from the non-randomized settings in the spoiler.
- Fix seed values with spaces no longer working.
- Removed a mispasted option description from Gauntlets colors tooltips.
- Major armips fix should prevent some crashes in Dev builds. (Devs: required armips version >= 0.10.0-68-g8669ffd)
- Miscellaneous logic fixes.
- Other bug fixes.
- Skip first Dampé Race
- Allows getting both rewards in one race if the 60 second target is cleared
- Rupee Icon Color changes based on your current wallet upgrade
- Improved Ear Safe to be less painful
- Tokensanity: Overworld Only
- Shuffles Gold Skultulla Tokens in the overworld to complement Dungeons Only
- Configurable Skulltula target for the Bridge Requirement
- Randomize Main Rule Settings still allows setting the MQ Dungeon Count
- Always Guaranteed Hints are now determined conditionally based on settings
- Default Presets are updated to better reflect first time beginner settings
- The previous Beginner Preset is renamed to Easy Preset
- Improve stability of music related features (Fanfare shuffle is back!)
- Fix "...???" textboxes at the entrance of Great Fairies
- In the unlikely event Tournament Hints runs out of hints, the remaining hints are filled with more "Sometimes Good" hints. If those *run out as well then it will fill with "Random Locations" hints.
- The Gerudo Valley Crate PoH as Adult with Hover Boots trick now properly takes OHKO into account.
- Minor GUI tweaks
- Improve error feedback in GUI and Rules JSON
- New Electron GUI
- New GUI now utilizes both Python and Node to bring you an even better interface
- Now requires Node (with NPM), in addition to the Python requirement
- Glitched Logic
- New Logic Rules option that takes movement glitches into consideration
- Entrance Randomizer
- Randomize entrances/loading zones
- Entrances are connected bidirectionally, and only shuffled with other entrances of the same pool
- Ability to randomize entrances (loading zones) among multiple pools:
- `Dungeons Only`: All Dungeons except Ganon's Castle
- `Simple Indoors`: Dungeons; as well as Houses, Great Fairies, all Open and Hidden Grottos (including small Fairy Fountains and the Lost Woods Stage), and Graves.
- `All Indoors`: Dungeons and Simple Indoors, as well as Link’s House, the Temple of Time, the Windmill, and Dampe’s Grave.
- `All Indoors & Overworld Entrances`: Almost all loading zones connecting overworld areas, including Owls
- Deku Tree, Fire Temple, and Bottom of the Well dungeon entrances are accessible as both ages
- Starting Age Option
- Can now start as child, adult, or random
- Create a custom seed by placing items, hints and/or entrances where you want them
- Customize starting items, item pools, active trials and Master Quest dungeons
- Plandomizer files match the spoiler log JSON format
- Additional Customization
- Additional Background Music Sequences can now be provided to be shuffled in
- Fanfares randomization
- Customizable Heart, Magic Meter, and Gauntlet colors
- Separate inner and outer Navi colors
- Added `Randomize Main Rules` option
- Cow Sanity
- Playing Epona's Song for a cow for the first time gives a randomized item.
- Shuffle Magic Beans
- A pack of 10 beans is shuffled into the pool and the Bean Salesman sells a random item once for 60 rupees.
- Cucco Count
- The number of cuccos to be gathered for Anju can be reduced or randomized, and Anju will tell you in-game the target number to catch (similar to 10 Big Poes).
- Enable Useful Cutscenes prevents some useful cutscenes from being skipped
- Re-enables Poes at Forest Temple, Darunia at Fire Temple, and Twinrova at Spirit Temple
- Seeds generation is significantly faster
- Major refactor of logic for performance and ER
- Spoiler log is now in JSON format
- Log files are produced in `Logs` during generation to record any errors.
- Major Logic Changes
- Desert Colossus Hands are now logically part of Spirit Temple
- Added the ability to enter drain the Lake Hylia water as Adult after beating Morpha using a new Gossip Stone near the Serenade Warp Pad. Entering Water Temple with Gold Scale and Longshot is now always in logic, however no locations are accessible without additional tricks, Keysanity/Keysy, or Iron Boots.
- Disabled Locations will always hold Junk items (except song locations if songs are not shuffled with items)
- Gameplay Changes
- Mechanically, Hot Rodder Goron no longer checks for Bomb Bag
- Wearing Bunny Hood increases running speed to match backwalking speed
- All Gerudo now check for Gerudo Membership Card instead of Carpenters being freed
- This only affects when `Shuffle Gerudo Card` is enabled or in Entrance Randomizer
- In the affected modes, a Gerudo is added behind the Wasteland gate who can open the gate
- Removed RNG from Fishing Minigame
- Note: The optimal strategy is to have the line stationary for the fish to bite
- Can now cast Farore's Wind and play Warp Songs from within Gerudo Training Grounds and all of Ganon's Castle
- Hint Changes
- Every generic grotto gossip stone has their own hint.
- The "Very Strong" hint setting can now give multiple Foolish dungeon hints.
- The “Tournament” hint setting was revised to utilize all 40 hint stones.
- Increased to 5 WOTH hints (with a new maximum of 2 Dungeon regions hinted); increased to 3 Foolish hints; Skull Mask added to Tournament hints’ Always hints; 5 Sometimes hints; all hints in this distribution are duplicated onto two Gossip Stones.
- Cutscene Changes
- Burning Kakariko Cutscene can be triggered when entering Kakariko Village from any entrance.
- Speedup Owl Flying cutscenes to be almost instant.
- Enable Useful Cutscenes setting added (see above in New Features)
- Filter added to `Location Exclusion` dropdown
- More tricks added to the `Enable Tricks` dropdown
- Shuffle Gerudo Card can now be enabled alongside Open Gerudo Fortress.
- Forest Options
- `Closed Deku`: Open Forest except Mido still blocks the Deku Tree
- Dungeon Item Options
- Added `Vanilla` placement option for small keys, boss keys and maps/compasses
- Ganon's Boss Key
- Split Ganon’s Boss Key settings from the rest of the Boss Keys setting
- Added LACS options that place the key there.
- This allows playing with open bridge while still requiring dungeon completion
- This replaces the Remove Ganon’s Boss Door Lock option
- Plentiful Item Pool
- Duplicate Letter in a Bottle added to plentiful item pool
- With `Start With Max Rupees` option enabled, wallet upgrades items now fill to max rupees
- No longer able to buy Bombchus with only bomb bag when Bombchus in logic
- Dampé freestanding Piece of Heart no longer requires opening the chest
- Buying Piece of Heart/Heart Container fully heals Link
- Learning Sun's Song from Malon no longer causes a softlock
- Castle and Gerudo guards can no longer cause softlock when catching you
- Vanilla shop items have correct price in spoiler log with shopsanity enabled
- Fixed Song of Storms not being usable in Sacred Forest Meadow immediately after learning it
- Improved Bottled Fairy logic rules for OHKO in ER
- Fixed `Starting Time of Day` times to better reflect their descriptions with the in-game state
- `Night` options will spawn Skulltulas
- Add compatibility support for Python 3.8
- Improved Spoiler Logs for Multiworlds with differing Random settings between worlds
- Lab Dive now completable even with Eyedrops in your possession
- Great Fairy cutscene no longer plays on additional visits for health and magic refills.
- Running Man can now fill a Tycoon’s wallet when buying the Bunny Hood from the player
- Quick boot equips
- Use D-pad left to equip Iron Boots if they’re in the inventory, or D-pad right to equip Hover Boots if they’re in the inventory.
- Press the button again to equip Kokiri Boots.
- Quick Ocarina
- Use D-pad down to pull out the Ocarina
- Freestanding models
- All freestanding item locations now display the model of the item you will receive.
- Ice traps now work from any location
- In freestanding locations, appears as a random major item
- In shops, appears as a random major item with a misspelling.
- Various speedups
- No Talon cutscene when he runs away.
- Skip “Caught By Gerudo” cutscene.
- Shorten cutscene when getting Bullet Bag from the Deku Scrub in Lost Woods.
- Fast pushing and pulling.
- All types of blocks.
- Spinnable mirrors in Spirit Temple.
- Truth spinner in Shadow Temple.
- Puzzle in basement of Forest Temple.
- Ocarina minigame shortened to the first round.
- 5 notes instead of 8.
- Jabu-Jabu’s Belly elevator spawns in a more convenient position
- Kakariko carpenter position is offset so he is no longer in your way during the cucco route.
- Warp songs now have a normal transition with no cutscene.
- Farore's Wind no longer dispels when transitioning through time.
- Farore's Wind can now set two Warp Points which are age-exclusive.
- Gold Skulltula textbox displays current number obtained
- Poe salesman tells point limit without needing to sell
- Patch files added so that generated seeds can be distributed legally
- Master Quest dungeon slider
- Selects a number of Master Quest dungeons to appear in the game.
- Ex: 0 - All dungeons will have their default designs.
- Ex: 6 - Half of all dungeons will have Master Quest redesigns.
- Ex: 12 - All dungeons will have Master Quest redesigns.
- Selects a number of Master Quest dungeons to appear in the game.
- Damage multiplier
- Changes the amount of damage taken.
- OHKO: Link dies in one hit.
- Item pool
- Replaces difficulty.
- Changes the number of bonus items that are available in the game.
- Plentiful: Extra major items are added.
- Balanced: The original item pool.
- Scarce: Some excess items are removed, including health upgrades.
- Minimal: Most excess items are removed.
- Start with max rupees
- The player begins the game with 99 rupees.
- Start with Deku equipment
- The player begins the game with 10 Deku sticks and 20 Deku nuts.
- If playing without shopsanity, the player begins with a Deku shield equipped.
- Start with fast travel
- The player begins the game with the Prelude of Light and Serenade of Water songs learned and the Farore’s Wind spell in the inventory
- These three items increase Link’s mobility around the map, but don’t actually unlock any new items or areas.
- Start with Tycoon wallet
- Open Zora’s Fountain
- King Zora is moved to the side from the start of the game.
- Ruto’s Letter is removed from the item pool and replaced with an Empty Bottle.
- Randomize starting time of day
- Ice traps setting
- Off: All ice traps are removed.
- Normal: Only ice traps from base pool are placed.
- Extra ice traps: Chance to add extra ice traps when junk items are added to the item pool
- Ice trap mayhem: All junk items added will be ice traps.
- Ice trap onslaught: All junk items will be ice traps, including ones in the base pool.
- New Cosmetics
- Added options for Sword Trail colors
- Can set the length of the trails
- Can set the inner and outer colors
- Can set color to “Rainbow”
- Additional SFX options
- Added options for Sword Trail colors
- Hints distribution.
- Changes how many useful hints are available in the game.
- Useless: Has nothing but junk hints.
- Balanced: Gives you a mix of useless and useful hints. Hints will not be repeated.
- Strong: Has some duplicate hints and no junk hints.
- Very Strong: Has only very useful hints.
- Tournament: Similar to strong but has no variation in hint types.
- Frogs Ocarina Game added to always hints.
- Hints are only in logic once you are able to reach the location of the gossip stone by logic
- Hints ignore logic if inaccessible.
- Foolish choice hint added.
- Regions that are a foolish choice will not have any required items no matter what route is taken in logic
- Big Poes location does not require a hint if count set to 3 or less.
- Add medallion icons to the Temple of Time altar hint.
- Add a hint for 0/6 trials if trial count is random.
- Scrub Shuffle now updates the Business Scrubs’ textboxes with the updated price for buying their item.
- Chest size matches contents updated
- Boss keys will be in gold chests
- Small keys appear in small gold chests
- Free Scarecrow’s Song changes
- Pulling out ocarina near a spot where Pierre can spawn will do so.
- Rainbow Bridge changes
- Spiritual Stones added as bridge requirement
- 100 Gold Skulltula tokens added as bridge requirement
- Any location can now be excluded from being required
- Various advanced tricks has been split into individual tricks to be selected
- Choose sound effects ocarina uses when played
- Deku and Hylian shields from chests no longer become blue rupees.
- Force game language to be English even if a Japanese rom is supplied.
- Door of Time now opens when entering Temple of Time from all spawns.
- Fix empty bomb glitch.
- Move item cost to after Player in the spoiler log.
- Add Wasteland Bombchu Salesman to spoiler log when required for first Bombchus.
- Fix message text table is too long error when using settings that add a lot of text to the ROM.
- Kokiri Sword no longer required for fishing as child.
- Fix Biggoron Sword collection delay.
- Twinrova phase 2 textbox fix.
- Switches in Forest and Fire Temple lowered by 1 unit to make it easier to press them.
- Equipment menu will now show the name of the item you have in the first column.
- Hover Boots will no longer show up as adult in the first equipment menu slot if a slingshot was not gotten before becoming adult.
- Ammo items now use the correct item fanfare.
- Fix chest size matches contents to work for all chests.
- Removed key for key logic.
- Removed unused locked door in Water Temple.
- Scarecrow’s Song should no longer cause softlocks when played in laggy areas.
- Text error messages no longer display the Pocket Egg text.
- Ice traps added back to OHKO as the softlock appears fixed.
- Ganon now says “my castle” instead of “Ganon’s Castle” for light arrow hint.
- Fix various typos in text
- Gerudo’s Fortress
- Zora’s River
- Red Rupee
- “Ganon’s Tower” is now just “Ganon’s Castle”.
- Dampe’s Gravediggin reward correctly flags collection on pickup.
- Castle Moat Bridge no longer closes when playing the Zelda Escape cutscene
- The Skip Escape option is now enforced when enabled, even on deaths to Ganon.
- Various logic fixes.
- Maximum player count increased from 31 to 255.
- Ice traps can now be sent to other worlds.
- Ganon now tells you the location of your Light Arrows, not the location of some Light Arrows that may exist in your world.
- Item placement rebalanced so that an item for another player can only be placed on a location that both players can reach in logic.
Development Version Changes
- Output patch file
- Creates a binary patch file instead of a ROM. Allows sharing a seed without sharing copyright protected material.
- Patch ROM from file
- Applies a generated patch file to the base ROM and creates a randomizer ROM. Allows sharing a seed without sharing copyright protected material.
- Settings presets
- Adds a functionality to save settings strings for future use.
- Several presets are already provided.
- Create settings log if spoiler log is disabled
- File names no longer include a settings string
- Instead display a shortened SHA-1 hash of the settings string.
- Add option for converting settings to a string and back
- Only convert the specified settings to a settings string.
- If a settings string is specified output the used settings instead.
- Python 3.5 is no longer supported
- You must have Python 3.6 or higher installed to run the randomizer code.
- Add option to only apply cosmetic patch without generating world data
- CLI uses a specified settings file instead of taking in each option
- Uses settings.sav as default if it exists
- Uses default settings if no settings file is provided and no settings.sav exists.
- Version check is no longer a dialog
- Appears in a frame in the main randomizer window.
- Copy settings string button
- Cosmetic versioning added to rom. Some cosmetics are only applied if they are safe to do so.
- Major refactor of code
(don't edit the v3.0 documentation for any reason)