This page aims to list all the Rupee farming spots that are useful for rando.
Kokiri Forest / Lost Woods / Sacred Forest Meadow
Nearby locations where you might need Rupees: Kokiri Forest shop, several Lost Woods scrubs.
- There are many Blue Rupees scattered throughout Kokiri Forest, most of which can only be collected once per playthrough:
- two in the boulder maze.
- one invisible Blue Rupee above the training grounds (backflip).
- one inside a sign in the training grounds.
- two invisible Blue Rupee obtained from jumping across the stepping stones in the water (respawn upon reloading the area).
- one hidden behind the shop counter.
- one inside a pot in the Twins' house, opposite the shop (respawns upon re-entering the house).
- one behind Mido's house.
- one at the end of the bridge reached from Saria's house.
All except for the last three are grabbed in this video.
- As adult you can get 200 Rupees by defeating a Skull Kid.
- In Sacred Forest Meadow the bushes hide Rupees. Notably, there's a Blue Rupee just outside the entrance that respawns upon reloading the area. It's slow and not recommended unless you're close to your required number of Rupees.
Apart from defeating Skull Kids, Rupee farming in the forest area is just slow. Usually you're better off farming Rupees elsewhere and then returning to these areas later.
Nearby locations where you might need Rupees: Market minigames, Market shops, Lon Lon Ranch checks.
- As child there are three Red Rupees above the draw bridge. Climb the chains and walk across the drawbridge if it's night or jump off to grab them during the day time. Grabbing all three requires two jumps. Enter and exit Market to reload the Rupees.
- As child you can sell bottled items to the NPC next to the Bombchu Bowling Alley. Bugs, which can be duplicated, sell for 50 Rupees and Fish sell for 100. There are bugs under a rock near the tree in the Hyrule Castle area.
- As child there's a box near the Shooting Gallery that contains a Red Rupee at night. Can only be gotten once per playthrough.
- As child there are many pots containing Rupees in the guard house near the drawbridge. The drawbridge is faster, but this room preserves time of day and is available at night.
- As adult the same room contains a single pot with a Red Rupee. It respawns when re-entering the room.
Lon Lon Ranch
Nearby locations where you might need Rupees: Talon's Cuccos minigame, scrub grotto, horse racing.
- There are 2 Blue Rupee pots in the room above the Talon's Cuccos minigame, which is just enough for the minigame. You're much better off farming larger numbers of Rupees at the drawbridge though.
Kakariko Village / Graveyard
Nearby locations where you might need Rupees: Dampé digging, Kakariko shops, Adult Shooting Gallery.
- As child there's an invisible Red Rupee near the end of the construction beam that has a carpenter running across it. Can only be gotten once per playthrough.
- Completing Anju's Cucco minigame a second time will give you 50 Rupees. Useful if the minigame only requires 0-2 Cuccos. Reload Kakariko Village to repeat this.
- As adult there's a Red Rupee in a box near the open grotto. Which box it is depends on the time of day.
- As adult you can sell bottled items to the NPC next to the Bazaar. Bugs, which can be duplicated, sell for 50 Rupees and Fish sell for 100. There are bugs under a rock near Impa's house.
- As child some graves have a Blue Rupee underneath them, like the one next to the shield grave.
- Inside Dampé's grave there's a Red Rupee pot near the entrance. Respawns upon re-entering the grave.
Goron City / Death Mountain Crater
Nearby locations where you might need Rupees: Goron City shops, Goron City scrubs, DMC scrubs, Medigoron.
- The cow grotto above Goron City has a Red Rupee that respawns every time you re-enter the grotto.
- As adult there's a Red Rupee pot in Darunia's room that respawns upon reloading Goron City (e.g. thu the DMC exit). There's also a Blue Rupee pot in DMC by the Goron City entrance.
Nearby locations where you might need Rupees: Bean salesman, Zora's River scrub grotto, Diving minigame, Zora's Domain shop, Jabu Jabu scrub, Lost Woods checks, Lake Hylia checks.
- Playing top-row songs (except for Song of Storms) for the frogs gives you 50 Rupees per song. Child only.
- As child a Blue Rupee and a Red Rupee can be found near the bean salesman as shown on the image below. Jump into the waterfall for the Blue Rupee, and swim downstream in the center of the river for the Red Rupee. These respawn when reloading Zora's River or when crossing the wooden bridge near Zora's Domain.
- As adult there are 4 respawning Red Rupees in the water below the Zora's Domain waterfall. Can be gotten without Iron Boots with precise jumps.
Nearby locations where you might need Rupees: Diving minigame, Zora's Domain shop, Jabu Jabu scrub.
- There are 6 Rupees in pots opposite the shop. They respawn when entering the shop. It's incredibly slow and not recommended unless you're close to your required number of Rupees.
- As child there's a Red Rupee in a bee hive on the ceiling in the room with King Zora. Requires the Boomerang to get.
- For large numbers of Rupees you're better off farming in Zora's River.
Nearby locations where you might need Rupees: Fishing, Lake Hylia scrub grotto, Hyrule Field scrub grotto.
- There are 3 Red Rupees in the lab (requires Gold Scale or Iron Boots). Can only be gotten once per playthrough.
- You can cut grass for Rupees but it's incredibly slow and not recommended unless you're close to your required number of Rupees.
Nearby locations where you might need Rupees: Opening GTG, doing HBA, Gerudo Valley scrub grotto, the carpet salesman, Lake Hylia checks.
- There are hanging signs near the entrance to Gerudo Valley and on the slope towards the Horseback Archery minigame that drop a Red Rupee when hit with the Hookshot. Respawn upon reloading the area.
- There are Rupee pots outside most of the carpenter jails. Respawn upon reloading the area.
- There's a Purple Rupee in a box above the jail. Getting there without clipping thru the jail ceiling is kind of a drag so the other Rupee spot is recommended over this one. Can only be gotten once per playthrough.
Nearby locations where you might need Rupees: DC scrubs
- In the room with the staircase that you lower by setting off bomb flowers there are two pots on the upper level with a Red Rupee. Useful if you burn your Deku Shield and want to buy a new one from the lobby scrub.
Nearby locations where you might need Rupees: GC scrubs
- You can farm Silver Rupees in the trials so long as you don't collect all 5 of them in a single room, as that "solves" the Silver Rupee puzzle. Reloading the room will respawn the Rupees.
- Defeating enemies with Light Arrows will make them drop a Purple Rupee.